When you go on adventures in Minecraft, you’ll meet exciting creatures and face tough challenges that need good fighting strategies. As I explored the blocky landscapes, I found out how important potions are for these battles.
These special items are made from simple craftable items and enemy drops. They give you an advantage when you’re up against monsters or going into dangerous caves. Whether you’re making potions to quickly heal injuries or brewing ones to make your attacks stronger, learning how to make these potions well became really important. In this guide, we will talk about making Potion of Weakness in Minecraft.
Minecraft Potion of weakness Brewing Guide
The Potion of Weakness is a handy item in Minecraft that lives up to its name. When a character or creature drinks it, they become weaker in terms of their attack damage, which decreases by 0.5 from its normal strength. Interestingly, this potion doesn’t need nether warts like most others.
Here’s a quick step by step guide on how you can make a potion of weakness in Minecraft :
- Obtain Blaze Powder (from Blaze Rods) and Fermented Spider Eye (crafted with Spider Eye and Brown Mushroom).
- Build a Brewing Stand using 3 Cobblestones and a Blaze Rod.
- Fill Glass Bottles with water by right-clicking on water sources.
- Place Blaze Powder in the upper slot of the Brewing Stand and add Water Bottles in the lower three slots. Collect the resulting Awkward Potion.
- Put the Awkward Potion back in the Brewing Stand and add the Fermented Spider Eye. Let it brew to create the Weakness Potion.
- Once brewing is complete, retrieve the Weakness Potion from the Brewing Stand.
That’s it! Now, you have a Potion of Weakness ready for use. It’s important to note that the Potion of Weakness only affects close-up attacks, while regular weapon damage remains unchanged. Generally, the potion’s effects last for about 1 minute and 30 seconds, but you can make it last longer by adding Redstone Dust.
Despite its short duration and the fact that it temporarily weakens the player, the Potion of Weakness has great potential in PvP fights. As for single-player gameplay, players will mostly use this item for curing zombie villagers. Learning to brew this potion is valuable, even though some of its ingredients might be a bit tricky to get due to the need for certain gear and in-game knowledge.