Genshin Impact players have known about Yaoyao for a long time. Her design was leaked a long time ago. Her appearance made it clear that Yaoyao would be a Dendro character. With Genshin Impact 3.4 update, HoYoverse will finally introduce Yaoyao, the highly anticipated and adorable character from Liyue.
Yaoyao is a 4-star Dendro healer wielding a polearm in Genshin Impact. She is a healer with excellent Dendro application from her elemental skill and burst. In this article, we look at the best weapon options for Yaoyao, the youngest disciple of Streetward Rambler.
5 Best Polearms for Yaoyao in Genshin Impact
1) Black Tassel
- Base ATK: 354
- Secondary stat: HP 46.9%
- Passive effect: Increases DMG against slimes by 40%.
Black Tassel is a 3-star polearm and is probably the best weapon for Yaoyao as her healing scales off her max HP. It is the only polearm in Genshin Impact with HP% as a sub-stat. Players who want to play Yaoyao as a healer can use Black Tassel on her. However, build some Energy Recharge on her from artifacts, as her elemental burst cost is 80.
2) The Catch (R5)
- Base ATK: 510
- Secondary stat: Energy Recharge 45.9%
- Passive effect: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 32% and Elemental Burst CRIT Rate by 12%.
The Catch is one of the best free-2-play weapons in Genshin Impact. Players can obtain this weapon for free by trading various fishes from Inazuma’s Fishing Association. The Catch is already great on polearm characters like Xiangling, Raiden Shogun, and Rosaria. As Yaoyao has a high burst cost, weapons with Energy Recharge are perfect for her. The Catch gives a decent 45.9% Energy Recharge and boosts Yaoyao’s burst DMG by a ton.
3) Favonius Lance
- Base ATK: 565
- Secondary stat: Energy Recharge 30.6%
- Passive effect: CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
The Favonius weapon series is amazing for supporting characters, and Yaoyao is no different. As mentioned earlier, her high elemental burst cost forces players to run a fair amount of Energy Recharge on her. Favonius Lance is a great weapon option for Yaoyao as well as the whole team, as it generates white energy particles, which are useful for everybody.
Also Read | 13 Best 4-star Weapons in Genshin Impact 
4) Engulfing Lightning
- Base ATK: 608
- Secondary stat: Energy Recharge 55.1%
- Passive effect: ATK increased by 28% of Energy Recharge over the base 100%. You can gain a maximum bonus of 80% ATK. Gain 30% Energy Recharge for 12s after using an Elemental Burst.
Engulfing Lighting is Raiden Shogun’s best-in-slot weapon, but the massive Energy Recharge from secondary stat makes it an excellent choice for energy-hungry. Yaoyao is better off with the other weapons mentioned above, but players can try Engulfing Lightning on her.
5) Skyward Spine
- Base ATK: 674
- Secondary stat: Energy Recharge 36.8%
- Passive effect: Increases CRIT Rate by 8% and increases Normal ATK SPD by 12%. Additionally, Normal and Charged Attacks hits on opponents have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40% of ATK as DMG in a small AoE. This effect can occur no more than once every 2s.
Skyward Spine is on this list because of its high base ATK and Energy Recharge. Moreover, it is a Standard 5-star weapon, which means many players already have it in Genshin Impact. Players can use Skyward Spine on Yaoyao for a hybrid DPS/healer build, just like Engulfing Lightning.
Luckily for F2P players, Yaoyao is easy and simple to build. Give her Black Tassel or Favonius Lance and HP% artifacts, and she is ready to go.
Also Read | Genshin Impact: Best Weapons for Alhaitham