In Elden Ring, talismans are unique items that grant special effects and bonus stats when equipped. Initially, your character starts with only one talisman slot, but with over 100 available, having just one slot limits your build potential. The solution? Unlocking three additional talisman slots by obtaining talisman pouches. This guide will show you how to get talisman pouches and expand your talisman slots in Elden Ring.
Where to Get Talisman Pouches in Elden Ring
Here are three talisman pouches available in Elden Ring‘s The Lands Between, and here’s how to obtain them:
- Defeat Margit, The Fell Omen, located at the entrance of Stormveil Castle.
- Acquire the second talisman pouch from Enia, the finger reader at Roundtable Hold, after defeating two shard bearers.
- Defeat Godfrey, the golden shade of the First Elden Lord, located in Leyndell Capital.
Let’s delve into the details and discuss some tips for obtaining each talisman pouch in Elden Ring.
1) Margit, The Fell Omen
Margit, The Fell Omen, is probably the first story boss most players face first in Elden Ring. Defeating Margit is a great learning experience for players new to the Souls genre, and it’s rewarding too. Upon defeating Margit, players are rewarded with a talisman pouch and 12,000 runes.
Margit, The Fell Omen, is less than 10 minutes away from the starting position in Elden Ring. However, we still recommend that players level up to 10 or 20 to have an easier time fighting him. To reach Margit, start traveling north from The First Step site of grace until you reach the Gatefront site of grace. From there, head west and continue following the path until you find a small army of soldiers guarding the tunnel’s entrance. Margit, The Fell Omen, is located at the end of the tunnel.
Tips to defeat Margit, The Fell Omen:
- Holy attacks are not recommended as Margit resists 40% Holy damage.
- Margit is weak to Slash damage. Starter weapons like the Uchigatana, Dagger, and Scimitar are powerful against him.
- Summon Sorcerer Rogier to help you stagger Margit more quickly.
Note & Spoilers: Players can skip Margit and obtain the talisman pouch by defeating Margit’s real form, Morgott, located in Leyndell Capital. However, this area is midgame, and skipping Margit also temporarily makes Godrick, one of the easiest shardbearers, inaccessible.
Also Read | Elden Ring: Best Zweihander Build
2) Obtain Talisman Pouch from Enia
After making some progress, Melina will take you to the Roundtable Hold. There are many useful NPCs here, especially Enia, the finger reader. She provides access to cool boss weapons, spells, skills, armors, and even a talisman slot.
Once you’ve defeated at least two shard bearers, you can talk to Enia to receive a talisman slot for free. However, if you defeat two or more shard bearers and progress too far into the game, you won’t receive the talisman pouch from Enia. Not to worry, as you can now purchase it from the Twin Husk Maiden in the Roundtable Hold.
We recommend defeating Godrick and Rennala as the two shard bearers necessary for unlocking the second talisman pouches. Both of them are beginner-friendly compared to other shard bearers in Elden Ring. Players seeking a challenge can try fighting Rykard or Radahn.
3) Defeat Godfrey, First Elden Lord’s golden shade
The third and final talisman pouch is locked behind Godfrey, the golden shade of the First Elden Lord. This boss is located in Leyndell Capital. To reach Godfrey, start from the West Capital Rampart site of grace. From here, head south to locate giant tree branches. Climb onto the branches and continue upward to discover the entrance to the Godfrey golden shade boss. Be cautious of the enemies on the way!
Tips to defeat Godfrey, the golden shade:
- Godfrey is immune to all status effects. Avoid wasting time using Rotten Breath or Bleed.
- Godfrey is weak against Lightning and Pierce damage but highly resistant to Holy damage.
- Godfrey’s stomp attack can be evaded by jumping!
- Some of his attacks can be avoided by strafing.
- For long-range mages, ensure there is sufficient distance between you and Godfrey as he can quickly close the gap.
Also Read | Elden Ring: Where to Get Claymore
How to Use Talisman Pouch in Elden Ring
You don’t need to take any specific action to use talisman pouches in Elden Ring. Once you obtain a talisman pouch, it automatically adds one talisman slot to your equipment page. Make sure to equip all of your talisman slots for a more enjoyable experience in Elden Ring.